Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Crab

At work our team mascot is a crab. (Its a long story). So I set out to find a pattern for a crab that I could use to make an actual mascot. Up until I made this little guy we just has clip art and doodles on team correspondence.

I found the pattern on Etsy, and I love this pattern. Really, I love all the patterns that this company is selling. I plan to buy more when I go back to crocheting animals again (right now I am doing a few gifts).

If you look at the picture on the pattern vs. my finished product the eyes are a lot smaller. I don't know if the eyes I used (the black plastic part) are smaller than the example picture, or if the whole thing is just bigger. I can't measure it to compare because it is at work, and its home is now in a department I no longer work in. Go figure, right? Anyway, I still love this little guy. We named him Crobbie the Crab.

I also learned that its a lot better to use thicker thread for the detail (the mouth). So that's the only thing I would change about this. Well, that and figure out how to make the claws look a bit more uniform on both sides.

He is about 6 inches tall if I remember correctly and the body is kind of disc shaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment